Monday 25 September 2017

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS



Has important as counting ones days on earth-so it is as vital to count ones blessings. Reflecting on on the past 365 days, I have come to realize so many blessings the Lord has showered on me. And there is no place to celebrate my birthday if not on mission were I get to serve my brothers and sisters out here. It's indeed an honor.

I saw this portrait in a member's house we visited and I could not think of a better new year resolution than this, to always count my blessings.

Oh Lord, when I grow
 weary please help me to
remember each and everyday.

To count my blessings
and not my crosses,
To count my gains
and not my losses,

To count my laughs
and not my tears,
To count my joys
and not my fears,

To count my health
and not my wealth,
and, most of all,
To count on you God
and not on myself.



It was a great day, Elder Harmon baked me a cake and also put me on spot by telling random people on streets it my birthday and the most sweet and embarrassing part was gathering 6 people to sing a birthday song to me.



--
Elder Odukoya 

P.S. 
Here in Lilongwe, bicycle(Kabaza) is used to transport people from the main road into streets and it amaze me how the riders could paddle when climbing a hill.





No comments:

Post a Comment